7/29/2007

Second Visit to the Kremlin ...Day 4, Moscow

Photograph: Swan Lake at Novodevichiy Convent



Diary


Saturday, July 23, 2005
I have decided to get back on board with the group; if I don't if will complicate my transfer to the boat. Saw the Church of our Savior, the Kremlin and the Kremlin Armory. Vera (tour guide) quite enthused and knowledgeable
--End of Diary

After my much needed break from the group, I rejoined today. First stop, Moscow State University-one of the Stalinist Gothic Seven Sisters building. Unlike most of my fellow tourists, I found it to be stunningly beautiful. . As with most public places in Moscow there were several wedding celebrations taking place on the grounds.

YouTube
Change your life-come to Moscow State!

From there we visited the Novodevichi Convent and walked around Swan Lake.

Another stop was the Church of our Savior which was torn down by Stalin and recently rebuilt.

At all these historic places, really national treasures, there are plenty of local people, many elderly, quietly enjoying nature, fishing, or sitting and reading. Notice the wedding.




From here we went to the Kremlin, my second day, but my first time inside the Armory Chamber ,a true treasure house of the Russian nation. This is a detail from the exterior of the Cathedral of the Annunciation.





As usual, I spent some peaceful time in the park inside the compound. Next, it was time to check out of our hotel and the bus to our ship. Goodbye to the fabulous Golden Ring Hotel.

No comments: