9/26/2007

In Moscow at Last ! Day 1 Moscow July 20, 2005

Flickr corner Moscow

Photographs of Moscow by Anna
Portraits of Moscovites by Vottok

YouTube corner Moscow
My trip to Russia by mrfrosted




This is the view from the window of my hotel the Golden Ring. I am on the east side of the Moscow River. The large building in the distance is the Hotel Ukraine, one of the Stalinist Gothic Buildings in Moscow.

Please View my other views from the window.

Excepts from diary:

Saturday, July 20, 2005


  • Landed at airport. I'm in Moscow at last!
    • White butterflies flying over grass near tarmac.
    • Not a very welcoming reception from airport staff.*
    • Are they going to let me in?

*
(Don't take my word for it. Read the Skytrax report on what it is like to go through the Sheremetyevo International Airport.)








Here is an "antique" view of the same photo in the colors I imagined Moscow to be before I arrived



    • Many decayed housing projects-only 20 or 30 years old
    • What's with the homemade looking balconies?
    • Why are cars parked in the emergency lanes?
    • Why are cars parked on the sidewalks?
    • Spotted my first Lada!
    • Buses have tarps instead of solid sides and drivers have no air-conditioning.
  • Hotel the Golden Ring
    • Hotel Beautiful...Five Star. See panoramic view.
    • Peach colored room, bump out windows with great view of Moscow skyline.
    • Birds flying over Moscow.
End of Diary





No comments: