9/26/2007

Uglich, Day 6, July 25, 2005


Flickr
Dioda's photographs of Uglich from August, 2005

YouTube
Uglich-Yarik by Unmart
Volga River by ViewRus

Uglich: July 25, 2005

Photograph: The grounds in front of the Resurrection Cathedral. Beautiful light. I took off from here and walked far and wide into the town itself.


My Diary:

Monday, July 25, Diary
Got up early as we passed through last lock before the Volga. Did some back exercises on deck. Sat on deck reading and sketching styles of dachas. I broke away from group and walked through knee high grass. Saw the real Russia, cats, Moms with babies, dirt sidewalks, stone dachas, wooden houses.
Dinner (on boat) horrible.
Sat on deck for sunset and dusk
End of Diary



This was from my walk through Uglich. Somehow it reminded me of neighborhood in a Dostoyevsky novel. Notice the dirt sidewalk, the cat and the f
ences.



No comments: